Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beach Boys: At the Beach, With My Boys

The first of three beach trips planned for the summer, the Surfin' USA beach trip was a blast! My seasoned beach partners, Jacob and Carson, met Tony and me in Gulf Shores for a weekend dedicated to "Fun, Fun, Fun," (at least 'til Daddy takes the T-bird away). The trip started with a bang--a bunk air conditioner in our condo. A phone call to the realty company at 2 a.m. prompted a 9 a.m. service call. Let's just say cold-natured Betsy was about to burn up! But we survived. The first fun day started with Carson's margarita machine--it's the eighth wonder, I think. The weather wasn't really cooperating, though. I'm not crazy about dark clouds on the beach, and I can stand a light rain, but thunder gets me outta the chair. Not even Rhonda could help us out of this storm, so to the room we went... Live Bait for supper then a trip to the ol' FloraBama... still a dump, but hey. If it's good enough for Vince Vaughn (there for a bachelor party), then, well, it's good enough for Vince Vaughn. We returned the next morning to discover that Thor himself must have paid a visit to Alabama's Gulf Coast. Or maybe they're taping the sequel of "Adventures in Babysitting." A fun-filled day in the sun had to end a little early that afternoon so we could get ready for those Beach Boys!!! Supper at the Pink Pony, then on to the Wharf for the show! I think these two might be auditioning for "So You Think You're a Beach Boy?" next season. A beautiful sunset beyond a less-than-half-filled amphitheater, but don't let it fool you--it was cold!! If their SYTYABB auditions fail, we may audition for Gladys Knight and the Pips... of course, I get to be Gladys. "He's leavin' on that midnight train to Georgia..." and their "Woo-Woo" follows in nicely... And, if none of that works out, we'll just watch Uncle Jesse (John Stamos) rock out with the Beach Boys every chance we get. And when we leave, no matter how bad it embarrasses our friends, Jacob and I may always be "those" people that never know the concert actually stopped. I'd like to give a shout-out to the ol' girl who threw it down about four octaves for her part in Barbara Ann... A Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ran.... Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ran.... Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ran.... ta-ake my hand... Ba, ba, ran... you got me rockin' and a rollin' rockin' and a reelin' Ba ba ran.

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Love all the BB references, Gladys! So fun!

see this site said...

Great Work! Thank u for wonderful information.